This policy is effective as of: May 25, 2018.
When you use the OsseoNews, Inc. (â€œOsseoNews.comâ€ or â€œOsseoNewsâ€) websites (â€œSiteâ€) or mobile application (â€œAppâ€) certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns may be collected by OsseoNews using cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. OsseoNews uses these technologies to provide you with a Â secure, personalized, and more relevant experience on the Site and App as well as to continually improve our Site and App.
Below we list the cookies and web beacons we use, and why we use them as well as explain how you can manage and delete cookies.
2. What are cookies and web beacons?
- Cookies are small text files that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely (but anonymously) identify your browser or device. A cookie contains a unique number, which is used to recognize your computer or mobile device when you return to our website, and remember your preferences and actions. Cookies cannot search your computer in any way or introduce viruses.
- Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) are small electronic files contained on pages of websites that permit companies to count users who have visited certain webpages on a website or mobile application and are used for other related statistics and analytics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
3. What type of information does OsseoNews collect through cookies?
The type of information that OsseoNews collects through cookies, web beacons and tracking technologies may include information about your computer, device, and browser, including your browser type, browser language, IP address, advertising ID, referring URLs, and actions taken by you on our Site or App, including referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of your requests. Through these technologies, OsseoNews may also collect information from your devices when you access the Site or App, including Device ID or unique identifier, device type and unique device token.
5. What types of cookies does OsseoNews use?
5.1 First and third-party cookies
- First-party cookies are cookies that are served directly by OsseoNews to your computer. They are used only by OsseoNews to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits the Site or App. Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Third-party cookies are served by a third-party service provider on behalf of OsseoNews, and can be used by the third-party service provider to recognize your computer or mobile device when you visit other websites. Third-party cookies are most commonly used for analytics or advertising purposes.
5.2 Type of cookies used by OsseoNews
OsseoNews uses different cookies for a variety of reasons as explained in detail below.
- Essential. OsseoNews uses essential cookies in order to operate the Site and App, including enabling you to use the OsseoNews product features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas. We also use essential cookies to enable and support our security features.
- Functionality. OsseoNews uses functionality cookies and web beacons to remember how youâ€™re logged in, whether you updated a review or added a comment, when you logged in or out and the history of the tools you have used on the Site and App, and topics you have recently visited. Functionality cookies allow OsseoNews to tailor the Site and App to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you have customized the Site or App in other ways. The information collected by functionality cookies and web beacons may be anonymous.
- Performance/Analytics. Performance cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies collect information about how you have used the Site or App, and may be used to allow OsseoNews to know that you have logged in so that OsseoNews can provide you with refreshed content. In addition, these cookies and web beacons are used for analytics purposes, including by OsseoNews to track aggregate Site and App usage and experiment with new features and changes to enhance your experience on the Site and App.
- Advertising or Targeting. OsseoNews may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver advertisements and content that is relevant to your interests. These cookies and web beacons can remember that your computer or mobile device has visited our Site or App, and may also be able to track your deviceâ€™s browsing activity on other sites or services other than OsseoNews. This information may be shared with organizations outside of OsseoNews, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
5.3 Third-Party Cookies Used by OsseoNews
Below are some of the third-party service providers that currently place analytics, advertising and social networking cookies within the Site or App. The table is subject to change at any time and does not necessarily include all third-party service providers used by OsseoNews at any given time.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. For more information about Googleâ€™s privacy practices, see https://policies.google.com/privacy.
We use Facebook to help us target ads to you and to track advertisements and website visits from our advertisements displayed on Facebook. For more information about Facebookâ€™s privacy practices, please see: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/213802165366955.
We use Facebookâ€™s social plugin to enable our users to sign in to the Site or App using your Facebook account. For more information about Facebookâ€™s social plugin, please see: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/443483272359009.
6. How long will cookies stay on my device?
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. OsseoNews uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
7. Do Not Track
California law requires OsseoNews to advise you of its position on Do Not Track signals. At this time, OsseoNews does not respond to DNT signals because there is not an industry or legal standard for responding to these signals.
8. How to control and delete cookies?
It is your choice as to whether or not to accept cookies. Most browsers allow you to configure the browser settings so that cookies from websites cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies and we have explained how you can exercise this right below. However, please note that if you choose to not accept cookies, then you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site or App. In addition, you may not be able to opt out of receiving essential cookies.
You can block cookies by changing your browser settings so that cookies from the Site or App cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. For more information about blocking or deleting cookies in your browser settings, please visit the following links:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
For any other browsers, please consult the documentation of the browser manufacturer.
In addition, if you want to opt out of advertising and targeting cookies, then you can learn more about how to do so by going to the Your Online Choices page, the Network Advertising Initiative page, or the Digital Advertising Allianceâ€™s Consumer Choice page. Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device and how to manage and delete them, is available atwww.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
9. Contact us
Or you may write to:
20801 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 403
Aventura, FL, 33180
If you are located in the European Economic Area, the entity responsible for the collection and processing of personal data in connection with the Site and App is OsseoNews, Inc. (U.S.) (contact information provided above).