Online Lecture Summary
This first-part of a 3-part presentation aims to lift the large cloud of confusion that surrounds contemporary dental ceramics and their application. A systematic solution will be provided for common clinical situations and a complete range of common clinical situations will be discussed. This includes, important sequencing and design consideration for restoring implants adjacent to ceramic restorations.
About This Online Lecture
Presenter: Dr. Anas Aloum & Dr. Mamaly Reshad
Want to Watch This Online Lecture and 200+ More? Become a Member Now!
Online Lecture Details
The following questions will be addressed:
– How do we achieve longevity while maintaining a high level of aesthetics?
– Why, when and where should each contemporary ceramic material be used?
– What role do soft tissues play in ceramic material selection?
Participation in this presentation will allow delegates to be able to communicate more effectively with dental technicians. They will also be able to use dental ceramics predictably with dental implants
- An outline for the presentation will be provided.
- A contemporary and simplified classification for contemporary dental ceramics will be provided.
- Participants will be able to understands the benefits of feldspathic ceramics and their limitation.
- Learn to decide what type of ceramics to use and where, in order to get the best esthetic results with good long term outcomes.
- A step-by-step evidence based approach for predictable bonding will be proposed.
Presenters: Dr. Anas Aloum & Dr. Mamaly Reshad
Dr. Anas Aloum
Los Angeles, California
Anas Aloum, BDS obtained his dental degree in Jordan University, Jordan in 2006. Afterwards in 2010 he finished the Advanced Prosthodontic specialty in the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry in the University of Southern California. In the present time he holds a part time position as an Assistant Professor in the Advanced Prosthodontic program at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry. He owns a private practice in the Emirates.
Dr. Mamaly Reshad
Los Angeles, California
Dr. Mamaly Reshad received his training in prosthodontics from USC School of Dentistry and completed his master’s in conservative dentistry at UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London. He is co-chair for fixed and operative dentistry, co-director of pre-clinical fixed prosthodontics programs and dental materials course director for advanced programs at USC School of Dentistry. Dr. Reshad also maintains a private practice limited to prosthodontics at USC Oral Health Center. His area of research expertise is in dental materials, and his work has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals on a range of topics in prosthodontics.