Osteogen Bone Grafting Plug
The OsteoGen Plug combines bone graft with a collagen plug to yield the easiest and most affordable way to clinically deliver bone graft for socket preservation and ridge maintenance without the use of a membrane.
- Eliminate hassle of mixing particulate grafts. Eliminate graft wash out.
- Radiolucent on day of surgery. Radiopaque in 3-6 months
- OsteoGen proven safe, and clinically effective for use with implants for over 30 years.
Additional Information for Osteogen Bone Grafting Plug
OsteoGen Plug Key Features and Benefits
- Just drop the plug into your extraction site following curettage and debridement to induce a regional acceleratory phenomenon and suture over top.
- The Bovine Achilles Tendon collagen carries the bone graft for easy and efficient delivery to the site, eliminating the hassle and time spent mixing and packing particulate grafts while also eliminating the potential for graft wash out.
- OsteoGen Plugs are not like ordinary collagen plugs that only act as wound dressing. The OsteoGen Bone Grafting Plug combines OsteoGen Bioactive Resorbable Calcium Apatite Synthetic Graft with a bovine achilles tendon collagen matrix to create a structure that mimics the organic and inorganic components of physiologic bone.
OsteoGen is a bioactive and resorbable calcium apatite based bone graft that is physicochemically and crystallographically similar to human bone.1 The OsteoGen non-ceramic production process yields a resorbable bone graft with a unique Ca:P ratio that is NOT a B-TCP and NOT a non-resorbable dense ceramic HA, nor is it a biphasic mixture of the two.