Information OsseoNews Collects
Information OsseoNews receives from you:
- You provide us with personal information when you register on the Site. This information may include: first and last name, geographic location, email address username and password.
- You may also provide us with your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Site. For example, you may provide us with your first and last name, telephone number, email address and desired treatment when you fill out a form to ask a question or to be connected to a health care provider.
- When you purchase paid products or services within the Site, you may provide us with your first and last name, email address and telephone number in order to process your payment. As explained below, we use a third party payment processor to process the payments on our behalf and we never have access to, store or collect your payment card details.
- You may also provide us with personal information when you update your account or through your participation in asking health care providers questions on the Site.
- You may also provide OsseoNews with personal information in order to participate in various activities on the Site such as subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists or completing a form related to one of our products or services.
- You may provide personal information through communications or chats with other users on the Site. You understand that other users may contact you through direct messages and comments on the Site. Any messages that you send to other users through the Site may not be private or confidential if either you or the recipient of the message discloses it to another person or chooses to publicly post it. In addition, OsseoNews may monitor these messages and not deliver the message if OsseoNews, in its sole discretion, believes the messages are spam, fraudulent or otherwise violate the OsseoNews Terms of Service or Code of Conduct.
- You may also provide us with your personal information when you report a problem with our Site.
- You also provide OsseoNews with your information when you use certain features on the Site, such as submitting reviews, comments, questions and other postings on the Site (â€œUser Contributionsâ€). You understand that your User Contributions are published or displayed on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties. Your username (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you post User Contributions to the Site. If you use your first or last name as part of your username or your username is discoverable on the internet, then you are making this personal information publicly available and understand that other users may view this personal information and may be able to identify you from this personal information. OsseoNews cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with respect to your User Contributions.
Information OsseoNews collects automatically:
- Log File Information. When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of your requests. OsseoNews collects this information in order to improve the Site.
- Location Information and Device Information. When you access the Site from a mobile device or tablet, OsseoNews may be able to collect your location information if this feature is enabled on your mobile device or tablet. In addition, if you are accessing the Site from your computer, then OsseoNews may be able to collect your general location information from your IP address. OsseoNews may use this information to provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location. If you are accessing the Site through a mobile device or tablet and you do not want to share your precise geolocation information with OsseoNews, then you may be able to turn off this feature on your mobile device or tablet. OsseoNews may also collect information it receives from your devices when you access the Site including: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- OsseoNews may also receive personal information about you from third parties, for example, our business partners.
How OsseoNews Uses Information
OsseoNews uses the information, including personal information, that we collect about you or that you provide to us for a range of different business purposes. We use your personal information to track usage of the Site, to market the Site, to improve the Site features and functionality, to backup our systems and to provide customer support. Our legal basis for processing your personal information is to carry out our legal obligations, to fulfill a contract with you, to protect your vital interests, for our legitimate business interests, to provide you with notices, and for other purposes with your consent.
We use your personal information:
- To provide our Site and its contents to you
- To provide customer support, including responding to your requests and contacting you about the requests
- To provide other services requested by you such as to connect you to other users or health care providers on the Site. If you send direct messages or electronic messages through OsseoNews to other users, please note that OsseoNews may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you or the recipient of the message to manage them. When contacting you to connect you to health care providers on the Site, OsseoNews may contact you via email, SMS/text messages or by telephone. Message and data rates may apply
- To monitor the usage of our Site, improve the quality and design of the Site, and create new features, functionality, and services
- To Â investigate illegal Â activities on the Site or activities that violate our Terms of Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues, and improve the security of our Site
- To validate the authenticity of Â and display the reviews and other content provided by you to other users
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site
- To customize advertising you may see on our Site
- To contact you by email in order to offer you special promotions or poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires
- To contact you by email or through your account to notify you of major Site changes
- To measure the performance of email marketing campaigns
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it
With your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, OsseoNews also uses your personal information:
- To send commercial or marketing messages
- To provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location
- To customize advertising you may see on third party websites
- To provide you with marketing from third parties
- For any other purpose, with your consent
When OsseoNews Discloses Information
Third Party Service Providers
- We do share anonymous aggregated user data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Site.
Fulfill Your Requests
- We will use your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you submit your first and last name, email address, telephone number, treatment desired and questions or comments through a form on a specific health care providerâ€™s profile page, then OsseoNews will disclose this information to the health care provider identified on the form. In addition, if you submit your mobile phone number through this form, then you understand and consent to OsseoNews and/or the health care provider sending you text messages. You understand that standard text messaging fees and data rates may apply. The information you provide through this form is not used by OsseoNews for any other purpose.
- We do not share your personal information (such as name or email address) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
Legal Requests and to Comply with State and Federal Laws
- We may disclose personal information if such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to comply with state and federal laws or to respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant. OsseoNews may disclose any of your messages or other content as part of investigations into the use and operation of the Site.
- OsseoNews also reserves the right to disclose personal information that OsseoNews believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to protect the security or integrity of the Site, and to protect the vital interests, property, or personal safety of OsseoNews, our users or others.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that OsseoNews is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
OsseoNews strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us, and we understand that you have rights in your personal information such as: the right to access, correct, delete, object to and restrict the use of your personal information. We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us and to withdraw your consent of the processing of your personal information by us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
- You can choose not to provide personal information through our Site, in which case OsseoNews may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your requests.
- You can access, review and change your personal information by logging into your account on the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at privacy(at)OsseoNews(dot)com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
- If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our Site or other products or services, you can opt-out at any time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to privacy(at)OsseoNews(dot)com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe to receive future emails via the unsubscribe link in that email.
- You may also request a copy of your personal information that you have provided to us directly by sending an email to privacy(at)OsseoNews(dot)com. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a commonly used electronic form.
- In addition, OsseoNews will continue to retain certain information about you in accordance with the privacy practices in this policy or if required to do so as a result of a legal obligation.
- If you wish to know what personal information we hold about you, and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at privacy(at)OsseoNews(dot)com. In order to fulfill the above requests, OsseoNews may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Further, your right to access your personal information may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements, for analytics or remarketing services, then you may opt-out as described below.
- OsseoNews currently uses Google AdWords, which is a remarketing service provided by Google. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads settings page at: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. In addition, Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for your web browser, which is available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This tool provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
Our Commitment to Data Security
OsseoNews uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. For example, to protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, OsseoNews makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If OsseoNews learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. OsseoNews may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using our feedback form.
Protecting the privacy of children is important to OsseoNews. For that reason, OsseoNews does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If OsseoNews learns that personal information of persons under 18 years of age has been collected without verified parental consent, then OsseoNews will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Visiting OsseoNews.com from outside the United States
Retention of Personal Information
California Privacy Rights for California Residents.
California residents may request certain information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by OsseoNews to third parties for direct marketing purposes. As noted above, OsseoNews does not disclose your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes unless you have first agreed to such disclosure. However, if you would like to make such a request, then please contact OsseoNews by using Our Feedback Form or at the address provided in the “How you can contact us” section below.
Call Monitoring and Recording
Telephone calls to or from OsseoNews may be recorded and monitored by us. OsseoNews records and monitors telephone calls for user support services and for staff training purposes. OsseoNews retains the recordings for a reasonable period of time in order to fulfill the purpose for which the telephone calls were recorded and then the recordings are deleted.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
OsseoNews currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals because there is not an industry or legal standard for such signals.
OsseoNews does not use any personal information provided by you for the purposes of automated decision-making.
Links to Other Sites
How You Can Contact Us
Your right to file a complaint with a data supervisory authority about our privacy practices remains unaffected.