Implant for abscessed failed root canal: can it wait?
Please see attached image (sorry for quality). Background: A week ago I felt a large hard lump along my jawbone. There’s noticeable swelling that I think hasn’t gotten any worse and it’s bothersome (it throbs sometimes) but not at all painful.
Dentist says he first noticed it two years ago. Hasn’t said if the defect has gotten bigger/deeper.
I’ve almost decided against the apicoectomy and endo re-treatment.
Extraction & immediate implant, will unfortunately need to wait for at least another month. Can it wait? Regarding bone loss…
It’s a long story, but for medical reasons I can’t take antibiotics.
If the abscess hasn’t subsided by the time the tooth is extracted, will it go away when the infected tooth is pulled out, even with implant in place??
I’m so confused…
Thank you for any advice you can provide.
![null]( “sorry about the quality!”)](https://osseonews.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1.jpg)sorry about the quality!
Wide selection of grafting materials for all clinical needs!
Deliver predictable results with resorbable or non-resorbable options!
Specialized kits for Implant Surgery. Fixation Screws, PRF, and more!