I’m a general dentist with 20-years clinical experience. I have been working exclusively with the Nobel Biocare system, restoring implants for 10 years.
I’ve recently moved and the local Periodontist places Straumann implants. There is a local MFOS who places both Straumann and Nobel Implants.
My questions for the restorative docs:
1. Should I invest in a second system?
2. Should I try to convice the Periodontist to try Nobel?
3. Should I just refer to the OS and request Nobel implants?
4. Do most restorative docs work with multiple systems?
My questions for the Periodontists:
1. Do you work with one system or multiple?
2. Would you be willing to invest in a new system if you have a GP ask?
The Periodontist has been in the area for 30+ years, and his son has recently joined their practice (within the last 5 years). I’ve thought about contacting the son directly to see if he had any Nobel training in school.I spoke with the OS and he prefers Nobel, but he’s almost an hour away. The Periodontist is only 15 minutes from me.
I’m open to any and all comments. Thanks!